Fiery Cajun Food

Well . . . let me just tell you.

I sat down to write about the three sheriff's deputies in Baton Rouge who directed us to the Acme Oyster House tonight. Here's a shout-out to you if you should stumble upon this blog. It was reasonably priced and the food was great. The shrimp and crab gumbo was beyond great. I'm glad we found you in the other parking lot.

Since I'm a Texan, I was taught never to eat oysters in months that don't have an R in them. June is one of those. So I passed up the oysters. But there were plenty of other choices, and I was stuffed when we left.

So we came back to the hotel.

Live-in Handyman checked his email then went to bed. He was already asleep, snoring softly. Then it began. The fire alarm went off. At first I didn't realize what it was. Maybe 15-20 seconds. It was a little muted through the walls and door.

I'm surprised I didn't panic. But I felt the door. Then opened it. No more mute. No smoke. Live-in Handyman said, "What's happening?" Bed hair and groggy eyes and all.

Thirty seconds later we were in the stairwell.

Two engines and the fire captain arrived within three minutes after we were outside.

I didn't get the full gist of what happened. Live-in Handyman won't let me eavesdrop or ask leading questions. My sweet protector :)

Something about a fire extinguisher dropping and going off??? Anyone know?

I'll find out in the morning. We should be back home tomorrow, so I'll give you a full report.

Comments

I've had the false fire alarm thing happen twice in hotels, but the thing that upsets me the most is the alarm clock in the middle of the night. I don't know whether the previous room occupant sets it for fun, or the maid accidentally hits the on button when she cleans (LOL), but it's loud and jolts me out of a sound sleep. At least twice, the alarm went off in the room next door, and that required getting dressed and heading for the front desk (since they seem to hate answering the phone in the middle of the night).
Carol Kilgore said…
The only other time a hotel fire alarm has happened to me, I was eating dinner in the restaurant with some friends.

That time was a false alarm.

Thanks for stopping by.

.