Dreams

Over at MURDERATI today, J.T. Ellison talks about dreams and nightmares and things that go bump in the night.

She and I dream alike - even being able to pick up mid-dream after getting up and walking around - right down to the waves. Except when I have the wave dream, I'm on the beach, not riding them. Another difference is my nighttime dreams don't have a tendency to come true.

I can take the dream thing one more step along the path. Some of my dreams are out-and-out bizarre. Not nightmares, just bizarre. One little snippet from last night's dream about a horse was that he could cover his eyes with his front feet when he didn't feel good. This horse was also unable to jump a fence. Now I have no idea what all that means. Something, I'm sure.

My husband rarely remembers his dreams. I remember almost all of mine, although many fade within an hour or two after waking. When I was a girl, my mother thought it was strange that I dream in color. Sometimes, usually in nightmares, the color is dark, like it's twilight or night. Or it's as seen through a filter like watching a noir movie. But it's always in color. Don't know what that means either.

But I know that I can always count on at least one new adventure each night when I close my eyes.

Comments

.